Canada New Jobs market showcases resilience and dynamism, offering a diverse array of opportunities across various sectors. The technology industry continues to thrive, with cities like Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal emerging as tech hubs, attracting skilled professionals in software development, artificial intelligence, and cybersecurity. Moreover, the green energy sector experiences a significant upswing, aligning with Canada’s commitment to sustainable practices. Renewable energy projects, such as wind and solar, are creating a surge in demand for engineers, technicians, and project managers. Additionally, healthcare remains a robust sector, with a growing need for healthcare practitioners and support staff. With a strong emphasis on innovation and sustainability, Canada’s job landscape in 2023 presents a promising outlook for job seekers.
(i) 2023 Finance Clerk
Pay: 57000$ a Year
Job Type: Full Time
Job Schedule: Over Time, Rotating Shift, Mon toFri
- Oral Health Maintenance
- Coverage for Disabilities
- Workplace Support Program
The Belleville Police Service is currently open for applications for a Full-Time Finance Clerk role. Please examine the provided job description for a comprehensive list of desired qualities and necessary skills.
The initial annual salary for this position is $57,356 (effective from January 1, 2022). Full-Time employees will receive benefits covering health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, as well as access to the OMERS pension plan. Additionally, all members will have the advantage of utilizing the Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and the convenience of on-site fitness facilities. Canada New Jobs.
To apply, you must establish an online profile on the Belleville Police Service website (www.bellevilleps.ca > ‘Careers’ > ‘Current Opportunities’) and upload all relevant documentation as indicated.
- Letter of Introduction
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Academic Certificates and/or Degrees
You may also provide supplementary documents such as:
- Employment or Community Service Recommendations
- Certificates of Accomplishment
All application packages must be submitted by October 9, 2023, at the latest:
The comprehensive selection process, including interviews and assessments, will ensue.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will receive communication.
By submitting your application, you affirm that the information provided is accurate, complete, and truthful to the best of your knowledge. Additionally, you acknowledge that any fabrication, misrepresentation, or intentional omission of information may constitute grounds for dismissal.
Kindly be aware that the Belleville Police Service is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you require accommodations for testing, interviews, or employment, please inform the HR Unit when contacted for an opportunity.
For further details about the Belleville Police Service, please visit our website at www.bellevilleps.ca.
- Align actions with the Service’s Vision, Mission Statement, and Motto.
- Adhere to regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the Police Services Act, the Belleville Police Services Board, and the Chief of Police.
- Utilize the City of Belleville’s financial software system to create purchase orders based on approved requests and budgets. Maintain an up-to-date purchase order file.
- Ensure received goods match the order by cross-referencing delivery slips with the corresponding purchase order. Record this information in the City’s financial software system.
- Process invoices for goods and services by submitting payment requests to the City of Belleville’s Accounts Payable department. Allocate expenses to the appropriate expenditure account with necessary approvals.
- Collaborate with Belleville Police Service accounts receivable for payroll and purchasing expenses necessitating invoices to other Services and/or members.
- Reconcile all month-end accounts with entries logged in the City’s financial software system.
- Oversee Petty Cash and Emergency Cash funds, and perform necessary reconciliations
- Supervise and monitor the corporate credit card program. Reconcile monthly credit card statements and compile supporting payment disbursements.
- Support the Director of Human Resources & Finance in calculating, formulating, and overseeing the annual capital and operating budgets.
- Administer the time and attendance database by managing pay scales, schedules, transfers, positions, and classifications. Undertake personnel record duties in the absence of the Human Resources Generalist.
- Audit the time and attendance database concerning payroll processing and member time banks, ensuring accuracy, appropriate supervisor approval (as applicable), and resolution of straightforward procedural issues.
- Provide training and continuous support to all members regarding the time and attendance database.
- Update annual salary schedules with any alterations arising from contractual negotiations, member transfers, promotions, reclassifications, as well as new hires or departures.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll, encompassing regular earnings and supplemental pay claims. Conduct reconciliation and balance transactions, obtain approval, and forward to the City of Belleville Payroll department for final processing.
- Extract data and generate payroll reports for regular salary, overtime, court time, call-outs, special investigations, and any other relevant reports upon request.
- Extract data and compile reports for accrued time liabilities (such as annual leave and accumulated time banks), along with any other pertinent reports as needed.
- Maintain financial files, adhering to the terms outlined in the Belleville Police Service Retention By-Law and the City of Belleville’s financial procedures. Dispose of files as necessary.
- Fulfill any other duties as instructed, assigned, or directed by the Chief of Police or their designee.
An academic diploma/certificate at the college level in Accounting, Business, or Commerce.
A minimum of three years of experience in diverse functional areas of accounting or a related field.
(ii) New Grad Jobs (2023)
Job Type: Full Time
- Relocation assistance
Could you be our next FORTIHIRE? Fortinet Teams are seeking recent graduates (2023) with expertise in various skill domains, including.
- Application Developers
- Developers Specializing in Embedded Software
- Website Developers
- Quality Assurance Engineers for Software Development
- Quality Assurance Engineers for Release
- Analysts for AV (Antivirus) / IPS (Intrusion Prevention System)
- Engineers Specializing in Hardware Development
- Engineers Focusing on DevOps
- Developers Proficient in C++
With the continuous rise in global network security demands, driven by emerging threats and data breaches, there is an increasing need for comprehensive, next-generation security solutions tailored to safeguard enterprises of varying scales. If you’re seeking a challenge and a fulfilling career in our industry, Fortinet stands at the forefront, offering you the chance to kickstart your dream career!
In 2022, Fortinet’s global workforce has expanded to over 12,000 employees, including 2,000+ in Canada. This growth trajectory is set to continue into 2023, and our R&D teams based in Burnaby present fantastic opportunities for recent graduates. We highly value the contributions of new graduates to our teams each year, placing great emphasis on academic excellence and innovative thinking. Canada New Jobs.
Our Burnaby R&D center serves as a technological nucleus, housing experts dedicated to both Software and Hardware Development. We are actively recruiting for positions in both Burnaby and Ottawa. Canada New Jobs.
What can you anticipate?
Attractive compensation packages including stock/RSU options and benefits
- Support with relocation expenses
- A culture centered around innovation
- An inclusive and diverse work environment
- Leading-edge security development within the industry
We warmly welcome the Class of 2023 to register by applying to this posting and submitting your resume and unofficial transcripts. This will allow our HR team to thoroughly review your profile. Please be aware that this posting is exclusively for recent graduates, those who have recently completed their studies, or are in the final stages of graduation, and are available for full-time opportunities from now through the end of 2023 or early 2024. Whether you’re keen on a role as a Software Developer, QA Specialist, C++ Programmer, Web Developer, or Hardware Developer, we encourage you to apply here. Our recruitment team will be in touch for an initial screening. Canada New Jobs.
Rest assured, your application will be meticulously evaluated, and we will reach out via phone or email. We extend our gratitude in advance for your application
(iii) Driver Helper
Pay: 25$ an hour
Job Type: Full Time
Job Schedule: Mod to Fri
Job Location: Vars, Ontario Canada
Prior to submitting your job application, please choose your preferred language from the available options located at the top right corner of this page. Canada New Jobs.
Embark on your next venture with a Fortune Global 500 enterprise. Envision boundless innovative prospects, immerse yourself in our enriching culture, and collaborate with skilled teams that inspire your continuous growth. We understand that to propel UPS into the future, we need individuals who possess an exceptional blend of skill and passion. If you embody these qualities and have the ambition to lead, there are roles waiting to nurture your abilities and elevate you to new heights.
- Connect with your designated local UPS driver rendezvous point
- Efficiently and adeptly deliver and retrieve UPS packages
- Master and accurately implement UPS package handling and delivery protocols
- Part-time role, 3-5 hours daily. Monday to Friday (flexible schedule required) Locations:
- 35 Plateau (Walmart), starting at 10:30 am
- 320 St Joseph, starting at 12 pm
- 181 Principale, starting at 1 pm
- 405 Vanier (Tim’s), starting at 12 pm
- Capability to independently lift up to 70 lbs. (32 kg)
- Exceptional customer service aptitude
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Delivery by walking required
- Work hours subject to variation based on workload